Sunday, October 10, 2010

Tribute...To some Part of You...in some part of the World...or other world.

The list starts from those people I have never met or seen, people whose work and ideas changed my life drastically, knowingly or unknowingly they made me who I am,the way I think and the way I dream.
It started with Enid Blyton fairy tales that led me to believe toys had life in them :) , the presence of a faraway tree, elves and goblins :) Then came the phase when Famous five and secret seven replaced fairy tales and bingo! I made a group of awesome foursome who had their secret marks to identify the club bonding. Enid Blyton was a loyal friend till adolescence. Strange!A woman in some part of the world sketched characters that became my world.

My association with Enid Blyton became bleak once Sydney Sheldon entered my life. He talks about serious stuff! I'm grown up now!:-) "Lara Cameron" from Stars Shine down became a role model and instilled a fire for entrepreneurship, that fire dies down and again flickers every now and then, she will always be a part of me.

The woman who really touched a chord with me and changed my outlook, perspective,thoughts and my beliefs is Ayn Rand! It took me years to complete The fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged. But these years untangled knots and complexities of life with such ease that till date I'm awe inspired.The characters in these novels still come alive as variety touches my life every now and then. These characters help me identify people and experiences as good or bad. One woman who taught me more than I could have maybe ever learnt in a lifetime. Cant find the right words to thank you!

Around the same phase the world was talking about this book "The secret" by Rhonda Byrne. That book I admit has created so many beautiful moments for me that I've lost count of them. It was an experiment for me, an experiment that worked and kept reinforcing my belief in it.
Have to thank that woman for this path breaking book and commercializing it successfully. I dont think I would have ever laid my hands on a self help book if the cover page wasnt as intriguing and mysterious as this one. You've done a wonderful job! And this theory is a part of me forever now :)

Its been 23 plus years of my life and these people are a part of me unknowingly.These wonderful writers and thinkers.An ode to them for having the imagination, courage,vision and ability to create such beautiful masterpieces! You've become immortal with your work and this ones a tribute to you!




1 comment:

Scurvy Dawg said...

Ayn rand's novels are unrealistic. I'm saying this because i've read the fountainhead and half of atlas shrugged. They're based in a dream world where nothing is above idealism. Lisa simpson had rightly called the fountainhead the bible for right wing losers