Saturday, April 23, 2011

Love is......

Love is patient,love is kind. It does not envy,it does not boast, it is not proud.It is not self-seeking,it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrong things. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.- Corinthians 13:4- 8a

We practise the exact opposite of this in real life.We're impatient and unkind. We envy, we boast,we're proud. We're self seeking, easily angered, and keep a record of wrong things. We delight in evil and are too blinded to see the truth. We hurt, we never trust, we never hope, we never persevere.We fail and continue failing.

Every piece of loving advice from parents makes us impatient and we retort with horrendous unkind diatribes. Love and attention makes us boastful and proud(remember the last time you felt thankful for the attention someone gave you?). We are self -seeking, the slightest of bruise to our ego angers us and the records of wrong things burden us till we become stagnant.

I'm afraid I've never loved anyone unconditionally in the 24 years of my life. How many of us have? I'd been feeling a strange unrest, a bit too often lately.I knew I had questions, but wasn't able to comprehend them.It wasn't the answer but questions that I was looking for. And just when I'd given up,exhausted of searching,exhausted of thinking and explaining, I found them in these lines.

Like someone once commented, We shall overcome....!
We'll accept love and ourselves. We'll accept ourselves and love. The journey ahead....peace!

4 comments:

Madhusha said...

To all those people who loved me unconditionally and gave these lines meaning.........

Vinita Punia said...

there are times when we love ppl unconditionally and they take it as ur weakness in life ... but yes some do appreciate it :)

Sowmya Kandala said...

I agree with Vinita...bu this piece is lovely Esha :)

Madhuresh said...

You know, I just posted this on my fb wall and we were discussing while a friend of mine wrote this : "Still, no reason to not aspire to be as close to the ideal as possible" and I realize, 'yes, no reasons not to aspire' :) :)

Nvtl, You are amazing, it is such a pleasure reading you :)