Saturday, April 21, 2012

A feeling, I love...

Its like I was meant to be here. Why else would I be so drawn to this place, these children and their lives? There are things you cant define, explain or even understand. Its like a daze and life moves in a reel when you find yourself in the middle of something that gives you comfort beyond words.

These are moments that explain signs. Perhaps.

Aisha *name changed*. The same child who is fighting for her life, everyday. She's an orphan.She has AIDS.And, she
has a longing. A longing to be loved. A longing so strong, that it's palpable.This little child gave me a tight hug the minute she met me and I found my heart opening up to her in a way,that's a notch too new for me. Aisha has found her home,her love and a new world at Protsahan. So has Protsahan, in her.
Suman. The same Suman, who can't speak or hear. And yes.She can feel.I felt this surge of familiarity when I saw her, maybe because I'd already written so much about Suman. Her name means flower. For some reason, that's all that I could think of as I looked through her notebook. That's all I could think of as I scribbled a few flowers into it.Flower. :)

Slowly the class started filling in with these lovely faces I'd seen on facebook so many times before. Faces I'd been reading and writing about for months.
I'm still trying to soak-in the familiarity. Suddenly the vague one-soul theory makes some sense.

Love.Passion.Belief.

Sometimes living without reasons holding on to your faith,perhaps being a rebel, is the only way to finding your purpose,calling,happiness,god-call it anything. Perhaps.

A place and cause that has drawn me to itself without rationale or reasons.Giving me a feeling,I love. Absolutely love.

Quotes I used to read earlier make sense now,

"Faith is walking face-first and full-speed into the dark. If we truly knew all the answers in advance as to the meaning of life and the nature of God and the destiny of our souls, our belief would not be a leap of faith and it would not be a courageous act of humanity; it would just be... a prudent insurance policy.”-EG

A feeling, I love. :-)

6 comments:

KAJAL said...

hmmm good one

- N - said...

nicely written and more importantly, nice work!

Its good to feel human and this probably is best of the ways. :)
Keep up the good work.

Madhuresh said...

It touched within. Hope I could realize the same 'absolute selfless love'. You inspire! Thanks for this write-up.

Saru Singhal said...

You are associated with a great cause and it teaches you a lot which we fail to understand otherwise.

Madhusha said...

Thanks for reading ppl :)

Informationjinxed said...

"Sometimes living without reasons holding on to your faith,perhaps being a rebel, is the only way to finding your purpose,calling,happiness,god-call it anything. Perhaps"
Nature's idea is pretty simple for humanity, live, procreate and die. In the Bigger picture everything a human does falls under the above mentioned categories. Hence, good things, bad things, anything done by a human is perfectly Natural. There is no rationale or reason to define Nature!