Sunday, April 8, 2012

On laughing at yourself~~~

I usually laugh at all sorts of jokes, it doesn’t take much to crack me up and leave me rolling on the floor. So much, that nowadays people don’t find it to be a compliment when I laugh at their gags. Instead they find me funny and lame for laughing at everything. How unfair!:-I

If it wasn’t for people like me, how would movies like Houseful run? I found the movie hilarious and was accused of being Low IQ by Dad. I told a few others of my rating and they also spewed disgust at my taste. What has the world come to? Where did respect for mindless humor go? :-I

In fact- Where did respect for being mindless and let loose go? It takes practice to take-life-easy. And boy! It works wonders. I have spent years wondering why some people get lucky all the time while I’m left high and dry, slogging my ass off to get no returns or menial one’s most of the time. And I figured, when you’re easy on life, life’s easy on you. 8-)

There’s this phenomenal person in my office, he’s like the father of the company.:) You have any problem and he’d have a ready made solution for you. A living encyclopedia! Someone with extensive knowledge on absolutely every subject! I’m the biggest fan of his knowledge but an even bigger fan of his humor. He can strike the most awkward jibe at you, but such is the intention that even the snootiest of people burst out laughing. The point I’m trying to make is- He is SO genuine, endearing AND nice, that even wicked humor from him isn’t offensive. He keeps asking us to retain our innocence and naughtiness. To NEVER let that child in us sleep. Even while I write this I’m reminded of his, “Tum kyaa boltaaa” and can’t help smiling. If at the age of 55 plus, someone of his caliber can be such an awesome sport, there’s a lot for us to learn.

Laughing at ‘yourself’ usually requires conscious effort before it becomes a natural reaction. But if everything came naturally, we’d lose the fun of discovering and overcoming uneasiness. No?

At the cost of being called low IQ (arrghh), I think, laughing your ass off on stupid senseless over-the-top masala is totally worth it. Life is so much easier when we stop setting standards and concentrate on making the best out of the moment.

Like Calvin says, “I pragmatically turn my whims into principles” :p


Panel 1: Calvin - Some people are pragmatists, taking things as they come and making the bet of the choices available.

Panel 2: Calvin - Some people are idealists, standing for principle and refusing to compromise.

Panel 3: Calvin - And some people just act on any whim that enters their head.

Panel 4: Hobbes - I wonder which YOU are.
Calvin - I pragmatically turn my whims into principles.

12 comments:

Ekta said...

It's laughter is the best medicine to heal anything in the world. So keep laughing and pass it on to as many possible.

Cheers!
EKTA

Ruchi Jain said...

laughing makes u feel happy..

jeeteraho said...

i like your style-nice post.

Abhyudaya Shrivastava said...

Amazing post! Keep writing

Saru Singhal said...

There is humor in almost everything and if you are laughing at it, you are totally sane. Those who slog their minds even to laugh, what to say, God bless them...

That Calvin reaction was totally rocking!

Sridhar Ramachandran said...

The delightful bubble "of being hilariously funny" that i thought i was thanks to your 'lol' and 'ha ahahahaha' remarks for most of my comments.. that bubble just got shattered!! after i read this blog!! you seem to suggest that u laugh at anything and every thing!! anyways.. laugh ur heart out!! thats how it should be.. esp. when it comes to movies.. whats the point in paying and crying!!

Dancing in Dreams said...

Beautiful piece, it reminds me of a really wonderful person in my life... :)))

Madhuresh said...

"Laughing at ‘yourself’ usually requires conscious effort before it becomes a natural reaction."
Nice thoughts! reached your blog through a facebook link and when I clicked it, I just laughed...you know why??
looked like my blog is half-cut and put here for the namesake! ;)
Do visit here, you'll laugh :)
http://madhushaalaa-sumit.blogspot.com/

Madhusha said...

Thanks for visiting and commenting guys :) :)

@madhuresh: Done :) Will drop by your blog ! :) M sooo caught up that just not getting the roight kindof time to read thru n do justice to the reading part of blogs. I'll c u around soon :)

garimak said...

I feels taking things slightly easy ensures you live each moment to the fullest and not rush ur self into something else.....loved ur blog!

Madhusha said...

Thanks a bunch gary! :) Keep visiting. Blog-Hug :D

Informationjinxed said...

"Life is so much easier when we stop setting standards and concentrate on making the best out of the moment."
Absolutely true but then is it really possible? I've been trying to do so but then I haven't been entirely successful. I guess setting standards is just the inertia we need to move forward in life. Describing 'FORWARD' is another story altogether!